Piedmont  Novara

Germany Electricity


The power mains are 230V 50Hz. Americans and Canadians will need a step-down transformer. Most outlets use the "Schuko" plug, which has thicker pins that some other European countries. For most gadgets, you'll need both a voltage converter and a plug adaptor.
Rechargeable electronics like laptop computers, cameras and iPods usually function at multiple voltage levels. For these, you'll probably only need a plug adaptor.